Fair and secure elections are important to us all.
We focus on the basics of voting, to ensure that
all eligible voters are able to vote, only eligible voters are on the rolls, and all votes get counted fairly.
Our goal: to train citizens to protect our democracy's critical infrastructure.
Lift Every Vote is a volunteer collective of activists.
We think "government by the consent of the governed" is a pretty good principle for running things. Since we are all governed, every single citizen deserves a voice in our democracy.
We're working to pass AVR in MA, and to help activists in other states, defend fair elections.
Our goals: develop a start-to-finish kit to train activists to work on voting. It includes:
initial events to generate public interest and support
a structured set of facts, to help citizens understand why voting's not just an issue like any other, but our democracy's critical infrastructure;
a roadmap for activists groups, including how to prioritize their voting work;
an in-depth library of voting information, bills that have been passed; and organizations doing voting work;
contacts with other voting activists; and
guidance on effective strategies and tactics.
Elections aren't rocket science.
We can get them right.
ALL eligible voters on the rolls, ONLY eligible voters on the rolls, and verifiable voting, in which all votes are counted fairly and can be recounted when needed. That's how we define fair elections. That's why EVERY state should pass AVR, join ERIC, mandate paper ballots, only use machines that create a verifiable paper record, and pass risk-limiting audits. We can help you work on all of these goals.
OUR VOTING SYSTEMS ARE OUR DEMOCRACY'S CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE. And they don't maintain themselves.
That's why ALL of us need to protect the integrity of our elections. Every activist should dedicate a part of their time to protecting voting. And every resistance group should have a Voting and Elections subcommittee.
We start with Automatic Voter Registration. Good reasons to support AVR:
- We need to secure our voter rolls against hacking.
- Our democracy's strongest when everyone has the ability to participate.
- AVR makes the voter rolls more accurate. If you move within state, you stay registered.
- AVR reduces bureaucracy. Why should the state collect the same voter contact information twice, in two different agencies?
- AVR could save us a lot of money. - one study put the cost of processing a new electronic registration, with AVR, at $.03 as opposed to $3.84 for a paper one.
- Voters want the convenience: AVR removes unnecessary barriers to registration, And people who move within the State of Massachusetts stay registered.
- Automatic Voter Registration is a proven solution to create fair, accessible, and secure elections. http://bit.ly/2xk8ZWf
- MA's AVR bill would join us with ERIC, an interstate program that checks data to make voting more secure. http://wapo.st/2yFffYn
For more information, write us at Lift Every Vote!