Become an Election Monitor
Every polling place in the country needs monitors.
- READ THIS GUIDE from the Carter Center.
- EXPLORE the options for becoming an election observer in your state.
- SET A GOAL for your group: you will recruit and train enough people to monitor your polling place on election day, or every polling place in your town, or every one in your county. Pick a do-able goal.
- RECRUIT others who are looking for ways to help.
- TALK TO YOUR ELECTION OFFICIALS. Politely, and kindly, make an appointment to talk about what you can expect. Be helpful, not confrontational.